This 1335 Ton freighter built in Bremerhaven in 1940 by Atlas-Werke A.G. was on a voyage from Bremen to Cork with an unspecified general cargo on 11 Feb 1963 when she sank following a collision with the SS Canuk Trader.
The wreck now lies on the edge of the shipping lanes in a max depth of 32m. She was swept with explosives in the 1970’s and the superstructure has been blown off, the hull is still very intact and the distinctive masts are laying on the decks which are at 25m. There is damage to the bow area.
This is a nice clean wreck and suitable for relatively inexperienced divers, however as its on the edge of the shipping lanes precautions must be taken not to drift out in this often busy area.
The site is a triangle of 3 wrecks of which this is by far the largest and the most southerly. The other 2 are the WW1 Armed Trawler HMAT Drumtochety and the WW1 German attack Sub UB 55, both of which are slightly deeper in 35m.